Latest / Poems / Essays / Reviews
- The Alice Gallery invited me to be a writer in residence for the current show, I Come To You In Pieces, which features work by Maria Walker, Rachel Meginnes, and Guy Merrill. Here’s what I made in response to their wonderful work.
- A recording of my May 2, 2015 SegueÂ reading with Andy Fitch on Pennsound.
- “Dear Wanderer” on the Los Angeles Review Blog (the poem appears in the spring, 2015 issue along with another, “Apple Palmed”).
- 4 poemsÂ from Between Page and Screen in JubilatÂ 27 (Spring, 2015).
- “Opening a Worl in the World Wide Web,” a poetics statement about The Deletionist co-written with Nick Montfort and Jesper Juul, in Media-N, the journal of the New Media Caucus. Selections fromÂ The DeletionistÂ also appear in VLAK 5, the final issue of the wonderful international journal of experimental writing.
- Gemma Wilson previews the Abra app for Seattle City Arts
- â€œShifting Shapesâ€ and â€œShow of Handsâ€ in Make It True: Poetry From Cascadia
- A write-up of Affect and Audience in the Digital Age at the Simpson Center website
- Selections from Abra,Â with Kate Durbin, inÂ The &Now Awards 3 (ed.Â Megan Milks,Â Lake Forest College Press / &Now Books, 2015).
- An interview with Bill Carty in Seattle City Arts
- A selection from As We Know in Best American Experimental Writing, ed. Seth Abramson and Jesse Damiani (Omnidawn, 2014).
- “Towards an Auto-Destructive Poetics,” a poetics statement in The Force of What’s Possible: Accessibility and the Avant-Garde, Ed. Joshua Marie Wilkinson and Lily Hoang (Nightboat Books, 2015).
- Affect & Audience in the Digital Age, a chapbook of conversations that grew out of the Autumn, 2013 Affect & Audience in the Digital Age symposium at the Simpson Center for the Humanities has been published under the new digital chapbooks imprint of Essay Press.
- A 4-icon book review of Patricia Lockwood’s Balloon Pop Outlaw Black at Essay Daily.
- Selections from As We Know in the new PageBoy.
- New blog posts on As-We-Know describing Andy’s and my Colorado, Illinois, and Wisconsin readings.
- ABRA featured in Drunken Boat 20 as part of the new Digital Poetry section, curated by Jhave.
- Videos of readings at Tapin2
- An interview with Andy Fitch in Bomb.
- New Poems in New American Writing 32.
- New poems at Berfrois.
- Two poems in the anthologyÂ The Dark Would, a visual poetry collection in 2 volumes, one print, one kindle. Kindly reviewed by Eric Schmaltz atÂ Lemonhound.
- “Shifting Shapes,” A review-in-poems-and-pamphlets of Seattle Art Museum’s Future Beauty: 40 Years of Japanese Fashion at Big, Red, and Shiny.
- Selected notebook pages in Pocket Tones 2.
- “BE TWEE WEE PAGE,” an outtake from Between Page and Screen, Cordite Review.
- â€œSonnet 103 and Translatorâ€™s Note,â€ The Sonnets: Translating and Rewriting Shakespeare
(Nightboat Books, 2012)
- Poet of the Month, Selections from Handiwork.
- Elective Affinities, Three poems from Handiwork.
- The Offending Adam: Three poems from Handiwork.
- InDigest Podcast: “The Smell of Rain On Surfaces.”
- Harp & Altar: “Pomegranate: Rimon’s Rhyme” and “In Which Things That Hurt Us Are Stored For Winter.”
- PEN American Blog: “What Is Withheld.”
- Gulf Coast: “A New Vessel.”
- The Society for Curious Thought: “Four poems from Handiwork.”
- The Destroyer: “Blind Contour.”
- Seam Ripper, a special issue of Delirious Hem on poetry and fashion: “Idem the Shame; A Valentine for Gertrude Stein.”
- Eleven Eleven: “Wood Nexuses I” and “Baking Blind.”
- Kloaka: “Obsession Session,” collaboration with Slovak writer, artist, and DJ Zuzana HusÃ¡rovÃ¡. Sound poem available on Mixcloud.
- Action, Yes!: Selections from Excess Exhibit (with Kate Durbin).
- Drunken Boat: Selections from My Hypertropes, translations and transversions of Paul Braffort (with Gabriela Jauregui).
- Poet of the Month: Selections from My Hypertropes, translations and transversions of Paul Braffort (with Gabriela Jauregui).
- Improbable Object / Intersection(s): Selections from My Hypertropes, translations and transversions of Paul Braffort (with Gabriela Jauregui).
Additional recent poems can be found in print in FIELD, Denver Quarterly, and Colorado Review.
â€œOpening a Worl in the World Wide Web: The Aesthetics and Poetics of Deletionism.â€ Media-N 11.1, Special Issue: The Aesthetics of Erasure,â€ Paul Benzon and Sarah Sweeney, Eds. (Spring 2015).
â€œTowards an Auto-Destructive Poetics.â€ The Force of What’s Possible: Writers on Accessibility & The Avant-Garde. Lily Hoang and Joshua Marie Wilkinson, Eds. (Nightboat Books, 2015).
â€œAfterword,â€ Sixty Morning Talks by Andy Fitch. Ugly Duckling Presse, 2014.
â€œArtistsâ€™ Books in the Age of Digital Publishing.â€ Commentary, Jacket2 (August 2013 â€“ present).
“Electrifying Literature,” from the panel “Futures of Electronic Literature” at the 2012 Electronic Literature Organization Conference. Electronic Book Review.
“Rebooking the Mix.” Guest Post, Remixthebook.com, April 2012.
â€œThe Upright Script: Words in Space and on the Page.â€ Journal of Electronic Publishing, specialÂ issue, Digital Poetry (2011).
â€œTransverting the Bestiary: Translating Paul Braffortâ€™s Mes Hypertropes.â€ With Gabriela Jauregui. Aufgabe 10 (2011): 262-265.
â€œâ€˜There Have Been Pictures Hereâ€™: Spirit Photography and Projective Mediumship in H.D.’s Tribute to Freud.â€ Journal for Cultural and Religious Theory 10.2 (2010), special issue, H.D. and the Archaeology of Religion: 65-82.
â€œâ€˜Ma belle machine Ã Ã©crire:â€™ Poet and Typewriter in the work of Blaise Cendrars.â€ Writing Technologies 2.1 (2008): n. pag. (24 pages).
“Douglas Kearney’s Patter” Lana Turner: A Journal of Poetry and OpinionÂ 8 (2015).
“Matthea Harvey’sÂ If the Tabloids Are True What Are You?” Lana Turner: A Journal of Poetry and Opinion 8 (2015).
“Andrew Zawacki’s Videotape” Lana Turner: A Journal of Poetry and Opinion 7 (2014).
“Latasha N. Nevada Diggsâ€™ TWeRK.” The Poetry Project Newsletter (Fall, 2013).
“‘A Single Hurt Color’: K.S. Ernst’s Arrangements.“Â Evening Will ComeÂ [special issue: Women Look at Vispo, ed. Nico Vassilakis], August 2013.
“Terri Witekâ€™s Exit Island.” Lana Turner: A Journal of Poetry and Opinion 6 (2013).
“Up Against the Line: Translating the Silent Image. Virginie Lalucq and Jean-Luc Nancyâ€™s FortinoÂ SÃ¡mano, trans. Cynthia Hogue and Sylvain Gallais.” American Letters & Commentary 24 (2013).
“Derek Beaulieuâ€™s Fractal Economies.” Lana Turner: A Journal of Poetry and Opinion 5 (2012). [Reprinted in Galatea Resurrects #20]
“Erica Baum, Dog Ear.” Lana Turner: A Journal of Poetry and Opinion 4 (2011).Â [ReprintedÂ in Galatea Resurrects #20]
“Robyn Schiffâ€™s Revolver.” Lana Turner: A Journal of Poetry and Opinion 2 (2009): 295-296.Â [ReprintedÂ in Galatea Resurrects #20]
“Deborah M. Mix, A Vocabulary of Thinking: Gertrude Stein and Contemporary North American Womenâ€™s Innovative Writing.” Womenâ€™s Studies, 37:6 (2008): 750-754.
“Twist of Address by Spencer Selby.” Slope 25 (2008): n. pag. (4 pages).